UP Scholarship 2020-21 – UP Scholarship financially supports students who belong from the State of Uttar Pradesh, India. Every year the Social Welfare Department of the State Government of Uttar Pradesh provides a number of scholarships to both pre-Matric and post-Matric level students. Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/General categories can opt for these.
The major motto of this scheme is the social and financial uplift of the weaker strata of the society for both education and development purposes. They are also supported by the Department of Tribal Welfare, Minority Welfare Department. The Government provides scholarships to over 2 lakh Schools and 60 Universities across the state. They are provided in order to financially benefit students in the course of their higher education purposes.
You can apply for these scholarships only if you do not belong to certain blacklisted institutions which have been declared by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh. There is a complete list of blacklisted institutions on the official website of UP Scholarships (http://scholarship.up.nic.in/).
UP Scholarship 2020-21
Like every year the UP government has planned to start the UP Scholarship program for the year 2020-21 as well. They are offered to students in classes 9, 10, 11, and 12th. The scholarships are also offered to the Under-Graduates, Post-Graduates along with different Diploma/Certification holders. As a basic guideline, you have to fill-up the application form mindfully as incomplete application forms will be rejected without negotiation. You should provide all the necessary details along with genuine documents and proofs.
The application process already started in the month of July 2020. It will continue till the month of October & November 2020. If you have applied for the scholarship in the past year, you do not have to re-apply. You can go to the portal and simply modify your details accordingly. The state government has advised all the applicants to regularly visit the UP SAKSHAM Scholarship portals for the latest updates.
UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to avail the scholarships include certain factors.
- If you are willing to apply for the pre-Matric Scholarship, your annual family income must be Rs. 1,00,000
- If you belong to the OBC, Minority category, and General category then your annual family income should be equal or less than Rs.200,000.
- If you belong to the SC/ST category, the annual income for your family should be equal or less than 2,50,000.
UP Scholarship Forms 2020
There are different scholarship forms are available for different sections of the UP Scholarship program. You can fill-up the respective application form from the official website of UP Scholarships.
Note – Application form for the UP Scholarship does not require any fees.
UP Scholarship Important Dates 2020
According to the official website, the last date for class 9th and 10th to submit all the required documents is 12th October 2020. You have to submit your duly filled application form to your respective institutions on or before 12th October.
For classes 11th-12th the last date for submission to the portal is 5th November 2020. You need to submit your application form with all other required documents to your institution on or before 5th November 2020.
UP Scholarship Start and Last Dates – Here, you will be able to find the application start and last date for most recent UP Scholarship for session 2020-21
|Start Date of UP Scholarship Application||1st July 2020 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date of Pre-matric Scholarship Application||12th October 2020 (Monday)|
|Last Date of Post-matric Scholarship Application||5th November 2020 (Thursday)|
Document Submission Last Dates – The last date for submitting all the required documents along with the application form to your designated institute is given below.
|Pre-matric Scholarship Documents Submission Last Date||19th October 2020 (Monday)|
|Post-matric Scholarship Documents Submission Last Date||12th November 2020 (Thursday)|
Dates for Online Verification of Applications – The dates for verification of online application received by the institutions will be vary for pre-matric as well as post-matric.
|Pre-matric Scholarship Online Application Verification Duration||25th July to 28th October 2020|
|Post-matric Scholarship OnlineApplication Verification Duration||2nd August to 19th November 2020|
How to Fill UP Scholarship Form 2020?
All the eligible candidates can apply for the scholarships only during the pre-mentioned application tenure. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fill up the application form.
New Student Registration: (If you have enrolled yourself previously. Please log in with your old credentials and update your details to apply again)
- Go to the UP Government’s Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement online portal.
- Select the “Student” section and click on ‘New Registration’
- Select your desired scholarship.
- Fill in with all the required details.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete your registration.
- Keep the registration slip for future reference.
Student Login: After your registration is complete, click on the ‘Student Login’ option and select ‘Fresh Login’ if you are logging in for the first time. You can select the ‘Renewal Option’ if you are already registered.
- Login using your credentials.
- You will then be directed to a page that contains all the necessary information regarding form filling. Go through these instructions carefully and click ‘Proceed’.
Filling the Scholarship Application Form:
- Provide the required details and necessary proofs in the application form and complete the application process after thoroughly checking everything.
- To complete your application, click on “Submit”.
- After submission of your application form, upload all the necessary soft-copies of your documents including your photo, DOB certificate etc.
Submit your application to respective institutes:
- After completing all the procedures, you will have to take a print-out of your duly filled application form and attach it with proofs and documents. Next, submit the complete set to your respective educational institute.
UP Scholarship Login
The step prior to Login is Registration. Make sure to complete the registration procedure in order to proceed further. If you have successfully registered, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Scroll over to the ‘Student’ option displayed on the homepage of the official website and from the drop-down menu select ‘Login’.
- At the next step, your screen will be divided into sections with two options respectively.
- Select ‘Fresh Student Login’ out of the two. The other option provided is ‘Renewal Login’, do not click on that when logging in for the first time.
- Under ‘Fresh Student Login’, choose the appropriate option for you. You will be provided with 4 options namely: Pre matric, Postmatric Inter, Post matric Other Than Inter, and Post matric Other State. Select whichever is appropriate and go to the next step.
- Enter your date of birth, registration number and the password created during the time of Registration.
- On completing these steps, you will be directed to a few Instructions that you need to go through before filling up the application form. You are advised to read the guidelines carefully and click on the ‘Proceed’ option at the end of the page.
- This will lead you to the User Dashboard Page where you need to fill-up the form following the guidelines.
UP Scholarship Status 2020
It is always better and convenient for the students to keep track of their applications. This feature enables the students who have applied for the Scholarship in the current academic year and the ones from the previous academic years as well. If you are a student of the current academic year, the steps to check the scholarship status are pretty short and simple.
- All you need to do is to log in to your account and provide your registration number, password, and date of birth.
- On doing this, you will be directed to the dashboard section where you can check the status of your scholarship.
- Although, if you are a student of the previous academic year, you will need to move to the ‘Status’ option and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Application Status’.
- Provide your date of birth and registration number.
- On finishing these steps, click on ‘Search’ and check the status.
UP Scholarship Renewal
- In order to renew your scholarship yearly, scroll over to the ‘Student’ section.
- Next, select ‘Login’ from the list and click on it. On doing so, you will see two major options on your screen namely ‘Fresh Student Login’ and ‘Renewal Login’. Select the latter.
- You will be provided with 4 options: Pre matric, Post matric Inter, Post matric Other State, and Post matric Other Than Inter. Choose the option according to your academic position.
- On the next page, provide your date of birth, registration number, and password.
- Fill-in the Renewal Application Form and upload the required documents.
- Check after you have filled it up and click on ‘Submit’.
- Lastly, you need to get a printout of the application form and attach it with supporting documents. Submit this to your respective educational institutes for further evaluation and confirmation.
UP Scholarship Correction 2020
UP Scholarship Correction is an extremely useful feature that saves many incomplete/incorrect applications from being disqualified. Many times, students make errors while filling up their application forms or provide incomplete information. Therefore, benefitting the students with a chance to correct their application forms is a great step by the UP Govt. This feature is only applicable to the post-matric applicants. The portal is opened for a brief amount of time for the students to make suitable changes.
- Firstly you need to visit the official website and select ‘Student’ from the range of options.
- Select Login at the next step and click on ‘Post matric log in’.
- Log in by providing your registration number, password, and date of birth and submit.
- At the next step, check your scrutiny result. If you wish to make any changes/modify your application, click on ‘Modify Application after Initial Test’.
- Consequently, the next page will display your application.
- Edit and submit after you have finished correcting.
- You need to take a fresh print-out of the updated application form and submit the same to your respective educational institutes for further processing.
UP Scholarship Correction Dates 2020
The portal will be opening once again for the submission of corrections with respect to previous applications. To correct any of the submitted data in your application form, you will have to fill-up one correction proforma and submit it after logging-in.
Pre-Matric Correction Date – If you are a pre-Matric student, you can submit your correction form in between 13th November to 25th November 2020. Designated institutes are supposed to forward the correction proforma in between 17th October to 3rd November 2020.
Post-Matric Correction Date – If you are a post-Matric student, the dates for making corrections will be from 11th December to 21st December 2020.
Performa Submission – Institutes are supposed to submit the proforma from 20th December to the 2nd of January 2021.
Money Disbursement – The disbursement of fellowship for the selected candidates will take place on 5th January 2021 for pre-matric scholarship and 25th January 2021 for post-matric scholarship.
Scholarships play a huge role in paving a student’s educational path. It is for this opportunity that ‘students’ in general can dream with high hopes of accomplishing what they dream. There are millions of students across the globe who have been benefitted by the UP Scholarship Programs. It is a brilliant initiative made by the UP Govt. in order to uproot the stigma of ‘caste’ and ‘class’ altogether and create a better world.
UP Scholarship 2020 FAQs
Q1: Can I check my application status without a registration number?
Answer: The Scholarship authority provides every applicant with a unique application or registration number. Without this number, you cannot check your application status by any means.
Q2: What can I do, if I have entered the wrong details in my application?
Answer: The application portal opens for a brief amount of time after the initial submission has commenced. The Scholarship authority issues correction proforma. If you have made errors during the initial application submission, you can rectify it by filling-up the proforma.
Q3: Do I need to provide my family income details to apply for the Scholarships?
Answer: Yes. You have to provide the financial statement of your bank account. There are certain regulations regarding annual income.
Q4: How can I check the application status of the Scholarship?
Answer: You can visit the Scholarship portal and log in to your account. There will be an option named “Status”. Click on the option to know about the status of your application.
Q5: Is the General Category eligible for the Scholarships?
Answer: Yes. The UP Scholarships are available for every caste possible. You need to fulfill a set of criteria in order to be eligible for the programs, none linked to your caste category.
Official Website: http://scholarship.up.nic.in/