GSET 2020 Application is about to start soon, estimated in the month of November 2020. Interested candidates will be soon able to apply for the GSET 2020 by visiting the official website of Gujarat Set.
Candidates who are looking forward to the career of becoming an assistant professor in different colleges of Gujarat can apply for this test. Here we have mentioned the important details that will help you in applying and appearing for the GSET test 2020.
GSET is an entrance test that is held for candidates who wish to apply for the position of assistant professor or lecturer in different colleges all over Gujarat. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in Vadodara is the official authority to organize and conduct the Gujarat State Eligibility Test. It is a UGC-recognised body and conducts the test every year to select suitable candidates for the position of assistant professors.
Overview of GSET:
|Name of Exam||GSET|
|Full Form of Exam||Gujarat State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Authority||The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Type of Exam||Offline|
|Total Exam Centres||11|
|Validity of GSET Certificate||Lifetime|
The candidates applying for the test should go through the GSET Eligibility guidelines carefully before starting the application procedure.
- If you are applying for the test in a particular subject, you should make sure that you have a Master’s Degree in that subject from a University recognized by UGC. If the subject for which you wish to appear is not in the list of subjects for GSET, you can apply for other tests such as UGC NET.
- Candidates coming from the General category should have acquired a 55% score in the Master’s Degree that is recognized by UGC. Other candidates such as those coming from the categories of economically backward, schedule caste, schedule tribe, transgender, handicapped, and others should have acquired at least 50% in their Master’s Degree.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final exam of their Master’s Degree and are waiting for the results can also appear for the GEST test but in a provisional form. Their results of GSET will be considered only after they have got the result of their Master’s Degree and have scored the required marks.
- Transgender candidates who belong to the General category can avail the same benefits in terms of marks, fees, and others that other categories such as SC, ST, and others will enjoy.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. degree can have a relaxation of 5% on their aggregate marks by providing that they had completed their Master’s degree before September 19th, 1991.
- Candidates coming from different categories should make sure to present the relevant certificates authorized by proper bodies.
- There is no upper limit on the age of the candidates who are interested in appearing for the GSET.
GSET Important Dates 2020
The official website of GSET has not released the registration and exam date for GSET 2020 as of now. But based on the entrance test held last year, it can be estimated that the registration for the test should start from November 2020. The exam should be held by December 2020.
|Announcement for the GSET 2020||First week of November (Tentative)|
|Start of GSET 2020 Online Registration||First week of November (Tentative)|
|Last Date for GSET 2020 Registration||Last week of November (Tentative)|
|Release Date of GSET 2020 Admit Card||Second Week of December (Tentative)|
|GSET 2020 Exam Date||Last Sunday of December 2020 (Tentative)|
|GSET 2020 Result||January 2020 (Tentative)|
How to Apply for GSET 2020?
To apply for GSET 2020, candidates need to follow two important steps. Follow the proper procedure here to successfully apply for the GSET 2020.
Payment of GSET Exam Fee:
Step – 1 – First, the candidate has to visit the website www.gujaratset.ac.in.
Step – 2 – Follow the guidelines here to make the exam fee payment.
Step – 3 – Take the print of the receipt and make sure to keep the Order Number along with the Reference ID of SBI epay safe for the registration process next.
Step – 4 – You should scan your passport size colored photo of 100 KB ready.
Step – 5 – The candidate needs to visit the website www.gujaratset.ac.in again to start the registration process.
Step – 6 – The candidate can log in by providing the Order Number and the Reference ID of SBI epay and then should click on Appy Online option.
Step – 7 – Here, the candidate needs to fill in the online form carefully with the right details.
Step – 8 – Review the details once again and submit the form.
Step – 9 – Take a print out of the form submission confirmation for future reference.
GSET Exam Pattern
The GSET exam lasts for 3 hours and usually takes place in the first half of the day that is from 9.30 am to 12.30 noon. There are two papers that the candidate needs to complete in this stipulated time.
Papet-1 have 50 compulsory questions and offer you a total of 100 marks. Each question will carry 2 marks. This paper is designed for testing the candidate in different areas such as aptitude, reasoning, general awareness, comprehension, and others.
Paper-2 will have 100 compulsory questions with 2 marks each. This paper will be of 200 marks in total. This paper will be based on the subject that the candidate has selected for the test.
Here are some important points to check about the exam.
- The exam will be conducted in two languages and these are Gujarati and English.
- The candidates have to select the right answer on the OMR sheets.
- Answering the questions of both the papers is mandatory.
- There is no negative marking for the answer that is wrong.
- The candidates can carry the test booklet and the duplicate copy of the OMR sheet after submitting the original sheets to the invigilator.
GSET Application Fee 2020
The GSET Application Fee 2020 will depend upon the category to which you belong.
- If you belong to the General category or the category of General-EWS, or SEBC Non-creamy layer, you have to pay an exam application fee of Rs. 900/-.
- Candidates who belong to SC, ST, or transgender category have to make a fee payment of Rs. 700/- for the exam.
- PWD candidates have to submit a fee of Rs. 100/- for the exam.
Here are some important instructions for GSET Fees Payment
- The candidates also need to pay the GST and other charges that are levied on the exam fee.
- You need to make the payment only on the official website www.gujaratset.ac.in through avaialble online payment modes such as debit cards, credit cards, and internet banking.
- The authorities will not accept any payment through other means such as bank drafts or so.
- You should take a print of the payment receipt surely after making the payment. Also, keep a note of the Order Number and the Reference number as you will need them for registration purposes.
- You will not get the fee amount refunded back in any of the cases. So, make sure that you are cross-checking every detail before applying for the test.
GSET Examination Centres 2020
The candidates can select the GSET examination center based on the availability of seats which means it will be allotted on first come first serve basis. So, if you wish to select the center near your location, you should hurry up in applying for the exam.
The examination centers are spread across the state. You can select from your centre by exploring the complete list of available centres. Here is the list to choose the best or nearest centre for your GSET exam.
- Vallabh Vidyanagar
GSET Syllabus consists of a huge number of subjects and these are:
- Mathematical Science
- Life Science
- Chemical Science
- Physical Science
- Political Science
- Library & Information Science
- Earth Science
- Computer Science & Applications
- Physical Education
- Social Work
- Home Science
Important Instructions for GSET 2020
While appearing for the GSET 2020, there are some important instructions that you should follow.
- The candidates should follow the Local Newspaper and the official website on a regular basis to know the latest updates and news for GSET 2020 for any changes in dates.
- It is also important to check through the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding for application form fill-up.
- Following the steps for the payment of fee is compulsory for succesful registration.
- An incomplete application form will get rejected.
- Candidates from different categories should uploaded the relevant certificates while form submission.
- Candidates coming from other states will be considered under the General category even if they belong to other categories.
- Candidates should take prints of the payment receipt and the application submission surely for future reference.
- On qualifying for the exam, the candidate needs to bring important documents along with the payment receipt of the fee payment for verification purposes.
- The authority can change the centre without prior notice to student in case of unavailability of seats.
- It is important to report to the exam center for at least 60 minutes before the exam.
- You will be not allowed to carry any kind of electronic device or similar stuff in the exam hall.
- Strict actions will be taken against candidates not following the guidelines mentioned by the invigilator.
- Physically challenged candidates can request special seating by sending an email.
GSET Hall Ticket 2020
The GSET Hall Ticket 2020 will be made available on the official website a few days prior to the exam. But just the hall ticket will be not enough for appearing in the exam. You also need to carry your fee payment receipt, the application form that you have submitted online, password size photo, mark sheet, and other documents for verification purposes. Following these steps, you will be able to download your GSET Hall Ticket 2020.
Step – 1 – Visit the official website by typing www.gujaratset.ac.in in the browser.
Step – 2 – On the homepage, you will find the link for GSET Hall Ticket under the Important Links section.
Step – 3 – As you click on the link for Hall Ticket, you will be taken to a login page.
Step – 4 – Here, you will have to provide the Order Number and the Payment Reference Number to login in the same way how did for registration.
Step – 5 – Soon, you can see the Hall Ticket on the screen.
Step – 6 – Download and take a print out of it to carry it along with you on the exam day.
GSET Result 2020
After the GSET 2020 exam is conducted, the official website will soon declare the results and the answer keys also. As of now, the result is estimated to be released by January 2020. You should know how to download your result so that you can conveniently do it. Follow these steps to download the result after the exams are over and the result is declared.
Step – 1 – Go to the website at www.gujaratset.ac.in.
Step – 2 – On the homepage, you should find the Result link after the authorities have declared the result. Click on this link.
Step – 3 – You have to log in with your Order Number and the Reference Number in the same way how you have done for downloading your admit card and for your registration.
Step – 4 – As you log in, your result will display on the screen. You have to take a print of this for your future reference.
You should know that the selection of the candidates for the position of assistant professor does not entirely depend upon the exam results. It will also depend upon the document verification and other factors. The final candidates who are selected for the posts will be notified by the authorities on the official website of GSET only.
Official Website: http://www.gujaratset.in
GSET 2020 FAQs
Q1. Can I send the scanned photo through other means to the GSET office?
Answer: Any photo sent by other means to the GSET office will not be accepted. You should only submit it along with the form.
Q2. What to do if the scanned photo is not appearing clear on the form during online submission?
Answer: If you think that the scanned photo is not clearly appearing on the online form, you can send the photo through email with proper details of your registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q3. How do I know that my application for GSET 2020 is accepted
Answer: The authorities will release a list on the official website of GSET 10 days after the last submission date of the application form. This list will have the names of all the candidates whose applications have been accepted.
Q4. Who to contact in case of any discrepancy or query?
Answer: Candidates can get in touch with the authorities for any query of discrepancy by sending an email at email@example.com.
Q5. How to apply for re-evaluation for GSET 2020 exam?
Answer: There is no provision for re-evaluation in the case of the GSET 2020 exam.